The Rags to Riches motivational story
Oprah Winfrey is one of the most millionaire and successful women in today's era. I remember watching Oprah Winfrey as a child and didn't realize how successful the show was, because I was a child I didn't understood her as much until I got older. The most awesome thing I slowly started to learned is her show brought her to so much success, and eventually becoming an entrepreneur that brought her in so many different adventures. And even getting her OWN Network as well. See what I did there. But what was the journey like before that led her to where she got to? Well like many she had the strongest Rags to Riches Story.
Oprah grew up with a young single mom, who was struggling to raise her and was too busy working so many jobs to put food on the table. Oprah grew up in poverty in a stage where she was hugely struggling to eat just even. Her Father served in the army and was beforehand a coal miner, and eventually became councilman. Oprah's mom had struggles raising her and her sister, on top of that she was sexually abused as a child by her relatives and eventually moved in with her father and her step mother. Living with her father was quite a turn around where she struggled with discipline and struggled with overcome her mischievous situations. Moving in with her father and like I said did relate with me where I moved in with my brother and was under a tough system as well except it was tough for me to remain under compliance. But Fortunate for her she excelled moving in with her father where she had to read at least one book, and write a summary every week and end up having to work with her father and even have a strict curfew as well. But apparently she became an honors student and even participating on the speech team where she excelled and on top of that she was placed in second place in the national competition. Oprah got a scholarship at the University of Tennessee and on top of that was influenced by her grandmother to do interviewing.
Breaking into the media communications was where there were some things I really didn't know about. She became a news anchor for Baltimore. Eventually she became the host of AM Chicago and after she took over, the show went from Last all the way to first and the whole show made a huge turnaround in a span of months. Eventually it brought lead way to her having her own show the strategy of being very competitive in the talk show scene where she was bringing in different talk show demographics opposed to the ones where there would be common talk shows as well. Where it is trashy talk shows like Jerry Springer, and even Donahue excelling as both the first woman talk show host and even the first African American to excel as a talk show host. Seeing how Oprah pushed and worked towards her expectations and tasks it is so great to see how her family pedigree excelled her to being one of the biggest entrepreneurs today.
What I learned from it because in one conversations I remembered my brother told me about how Oprah came from a dysfunctional family and growing up really helped her to excel as one of the best. I remember my own pedigree and watching myself excelled at the paper route, learning the toughness of hard work and even the toughness of what its like to have a real job. And then learning all the deep stuff of Oprah is the real question are you Choosing where you are going? or Are you letting people choose for you? On top of that are you also Reverberating the hard work from what your family or the pedigree has done. Challenges that you face are they making you Stronger or Making you weaker? For myself I had to learn are the challenges making you stronger or are they making you weaker which is one of the biggest revolution I had to discover for myself and as I go on the journey I am continuing to try to figure that out, and also be willing to make an Impact.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home