Sunday, December 31, 2017

How to coach and lead in a defensive minded way.

One thing I respect about coaching is really how they are able to anchor and really facilitate a discipline team without any flashiness or even any superstars or any fancy scores as well even. The term of coaching is training intensely and even following the entire game plan and even trust in the strategy and focus on being successful and how to get other players as well to step up on top of that as well. The structure on being an all around coach and even being a factor even as an assistant coach. Coaching contribution can even bring success in so many sports especially football and maybe basketball and definitely baseball and other sports too. Coaching involvement sets a strategy and even chemistry to fit the team and even help the team in a great teamwork as well.

The reason I bring up the coaching and and the purpose of how coaching strategy and how the practices function is because one person I did want to reference is Tom Thibodeau, who was an assistant coach for the Boston Celtics and served as one of the huge factors for their championship victory in the NBA Finals actually 10 years ago, and his defensive strategy has been one of the biggest contributions and on top of that, it earned him a job as a head coach as well eventually soon as a head coach for the Chicago Bulls and man has he found a ton of success. 

The strategy of factoring a team together and even fighting with the little you have or even suffering a loss, shouldn't be allowed to bring you down especially where you build another depth, and yeah you may have a wall to go through but shouldn't be allowed to cave in or even give up. When I saw how surprisingly successful they are and on top of that how the team was continuing to build and even players develop continually as well. And man even with Tom being the fastest coach to reach to 100 wins man what an accomplishment. And with their star player they start shattering glass ceilings, but without them they manage to stay strong. 

Another example as a good coach that can work with the little or even don't have to rely on big stars and may have to explain more in the next posts which is Brad Stevens. Now as a head coach of the Celtics and on top of that leading the team into a huge restart of success. I have also been impressed with how the team has been playing and how the defensive talent especially against a tough offensive team.

This success dates back to his college coaching in Butler where he led his team to back to back NCAA Championship appearance with only one or two NBA prospects and man I even counted them out, or actually I didn't even think they would be in the championship tournament, let alone back to back  Championship appearances, and almost or even nearly beating the favorites. The fact that a team that he coaches in the pros don't even have a lot of top stars and leading them to success, but hey just wait they still have a lot of room to grow, the success can continue in the future and you just can't count them out, thanks to having the discipline and the less flashiness.  

In reference to myself I grew up not having all the cool stuff earlier and first, I had real patience and I manage to be dorky and use the stuff I already have, and it took appreciating them and waiting for the time for the upgraded stuff to happen. Disciplining yourself with patience and even trying to make the best of it, and when you're patient and put what you have to full use then things will develop. Learning also how to fight for stuff you need is the more important but really using the mentality and even reading in between the lines and understanding the deeper meaning of what it means to really have it and gain and the right way to fight for it can come to great rewards as well. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home